Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I read the news today, oy vey...

John Lloyd Young to Star in Feature Film - "Oy Vey My Son Is Gay!" You read it on the Jersey Boys Blog first!!!

Oy how I tried
To keep it all inside
Did my best to hide it from my folks
(Ooo-wow, ooo-wow, ooo-wow)
I said easy does it
And crept out of the closet
I thought they were gonna have a stroke

(I told ‘em…)
I’m just a man
Lainie Kazan
I’m still your loving boy
Oh what the heck
I told Saul Rubinek
So what’s with this oy oy oy?

(Ooh wee ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh waaaah)
(Ooh wee ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh Lainie Ka-za-an)

Now add Cousin Vinny
Pastore, not Pesh, you ninny
I’m gettin’ me a great ensemble cast
(Ooo-wow, ooo-wow, ooo-wow)
I hit the trifecta
With hot Carmen Electra
They tell me she’s quite the piece of a$$

(And now my…)
Film’s in the can
Lainie Kazan
Told my old man it’s done
Stage to the screen
I’ll get my punim seen
With Lainie Kazan so fun…

(sung to the tune of “Lost My Walkman”, ha ha ha.)




You may leave a comment here:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was confused by the juxtaposition of "A Day In The Life" and "Walk Like A Man". And people who use the word "juxtaposition" are not easily confused. BTW, is the "juxtaposition" in the Kama Sutra? :)

stubbleyou said...

"Concatenation" is an even better word, but with a slightly different meaning.

Darn you - now I can't get Jimmy Clanton's "Juxta Dream" out of my head.

Anonymous said...

My favorite CON CATS are Garfield and Top Cat. They con catted the nation. :)

No weblinks for "Juxta Dream" that I can find.

But now I hear a slightly altered REM lyric going through my head. That was juxta dream, That was juxta dream, that's me in the corner...

stubbleyou said...

CON CATS. Ha ha ha...

Felines. Wo, wo, wo, felines...

No weblink? For a second I thought I confused Jimmy Clanton with Johnny Tillotson, heaven forbid. Try this one.

Anonymous said...

I guess this is as good a thread as any on your blog to wish you a Happy Hanukkah. This is probably not too presumptuous considering the "December, 1963" parody and this "oy vey" one. If I'm wrong, please forgive me.

Those of us with a 2000 year old religion as opposed to the 6000 year old one at its foundation should adopt some of the traditions of Hanukkah-namely spreading the gift giving over eight days. There are obvious advantages of this. If you get the wrong or inappropriate Christmas gift for your spouse, partner, or significant other and exchange on the 25th, you're screwed! The spouse, etc. will pout all day, and you can't even go shopping to make it right. With Hanukkah, you have seven more days to say, wait till you see what I got for you tomorrow (assuming its not sold out) and make it right. Plus you can spread the shopping out more, this year I guess till the 28th.

A Blog Fan

stubbleyou said...

Thank you, anon. Happy Chanukah (there are many acceptable spellings) to you too, as well as Merry Christmas, Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays, etc. It all boils down to Peace on Earth and Good Will to All Men, Women, and Children, doesn't it? Happiness and Joy are good too.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Spin a dreidel and enjoy a potato pancake for me. All I have are frozen waffles. Assorted syrups, though...

A Blog Fan