Wednesday, January 27, 2010

TOP TEN SCRIPT AND SONG CHANGES FOR JERSEY BOYS, FAR EAST STYLE


In a recent article mentioned on the omniscient Jersey Boys Blog about the Chicago production of JB closing Sunday, January 10, mention was made that the set was being packed up for possible transport to Germany or the Far East. Work has already begun on the rewrites that would be necessary for some of the lines and songs when the show gets to the Far East. Here's an insider's sneak peek:



10. They already gave you up, lychee nuts.


9. Oh me, oh me, oh my-oh my-nah
Did some time in Canton, Ohio China


8. "Bye-Bye Beijing, Beijing Good-Bye"


7. DelgadO. CastellucciO. Kung paO.


6. "Wok Like A Man(darin)"


5. I'm gonna be bigger than Yao Ming.
--Only if you stand on the Great Wall.


4. "(I Want A) Shanghai Kind Of Love"


3. They're like a pair of, whaddyacallit, Swedish twins. (Tiger Woods reference; ya gotta keep it current. Plus which, they love him over there.)


2. So now I got war wonton all over me again.


AND THE NUMBER ONE JERSEY BOYS SONG REWRITTEN FOR THE FAR EAST (AND THE ONLY ONE COMPLETED) (AND THE LEADING CANDIDATE FOR WORST LYRICS EVER IN A SONG PARODY):


1. "Egg Rolls, Fried Rice", (to the tune of "Big Girls Don't Cry")




---------
You may leave a comment here:

No comments: